Sunday, June 28, 2009

What's New!



Now that I'm on facebook, I've ignored this blog! Here's a little update about our family:




Swim Team! The kids are swimming with the Cordova Blue Marlins again this year. They enjoy getting in the pool everyday to prepare for swim meets on Saturdays. Kara and Xander both swam their first competition IM this year and both have improved their dives, butterfly, and freestyle strokes. They are looking forward to championships July 18!




School: Kara and Xander both had very successful years at school. Kara has grown tremendously in her first year of middle school. She is becoming a more confident young lady! She is learning to overcome her academic struggles. One indication of her success is that she is beginning to like to read! She is becoming a competent flute player. I enjoy playing duets with her.



Xander continues to work hard at school. He started playing trombone this year. He played a solo at the school's talent show. Xander can be found reading a book all of the time. He read the first 3 Fablehavens in a just a few weeks. He is currently working on the Harry Potter Series. He and I both read the first Percy Jackson Series book and loved it. He continues to love the Warriors series as well.


Work: School is out! This past school year was great. I was chosen to give the 8th grade promotion speech. It was quite an experience writing the speech and then of course giving it. I'm grateful and honored to be given the opportunity. I will continue to teach 7th and 8th grade next year as well as work as the class advisor to the senior class.


Sebren continues to work hard. Currently he is going in on his own time to learn some more programming skills that will help him with his job.


Church: Kara moved into Young Women's this year. That just doesn't seem possible! I'm serving in the Young Women's organization so I enjoy seeing her growth as a leader in YW. Sebren was just called to be the assistant ward clerk and he is serving as Head Priesthood at Girls Camp this year.


Summer: Swim Team! Reading, Biking. I'm teaching the kids how to cook this summer. I'm headed to Boston in July for a work related conference. While Kara and Sebren are at girls camp, Xander and I are going camping. We will be traveling to Humboldt for my cousin's wedding in August!




No comments: